2 medium-size eggplants (abut 2 lbs), peeled and cut into 3/4" pieces
1 tbsp oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/2 cup chicken boullion, or vegetable broth
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. dark sesame oil
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. hot chili-garlic sauce
4 scallion, chopped
1 or 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan or wok.
- Stir fry eggplant until slightly darkened, from 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat, and add garlic, ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add boullion, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and chili-garlic sauce and bring to boil.
- Cook, uncovered and stirring often, until eggplants are tender and sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions and tomatoes, and season with salt to taste.
- Cook 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if you wish.